The Open Call has ended
The ARV.I artist residency program in 2021 provides a stimulating and flexible environment for international contemporary artists to experiment, do new works, and extend their exhibition experience. ARVI is also a place for artists to clear out from their usual habitat, meet other international artists, and engage with and experience the village life in Vishovgrad and the urban culture and landscape of Veliko Turnovo. During the period at ARV.I, artists can develop their work and follow up with their projects on their terms.
The 2021 artist residency program accepts three artists each month. One may apply for one or several months. Selected artist-in-resident receives accommodation, shared studio space, a curated solo exhibition in Veliko Turnovo, and assistance with his or her art project.
We encourage all accepted applicants to apply for external funding for the residency fee and other expenses, including solo exhibition expenses, travel, and transport. ARV.I will provide accepted applicants a letter of agreement regarding the residency program and a letter of intent regarding the solo exhibition, including other documents to help the process of external funding go untroubled and possible. It has helped a lot the majority of the previous artist-in-residence.
Availablity in 2021:
- May: Full
- June: Full
- July: Full
- August: Full
- September: Full
1-month costs: 800€
Meaning: the selected applicant has to pay eight hundred euros for the one month residency.
ARV. I Offers
- 96m2 shared studio space (photo above).
- Private bedrooms w/single beds, shared kitchen, bathroom, and garden (incl. wifi).
- Solo exhibition in Veliko Turnovo at the end of the residency period. Including curatorial assistance and promotion materials. Exhibition venues in the old capital include Gallery Heerz Tooya.
- Assistance by the ARV.I internship including local guidance, networking, and logistics regarding individual art projects and exhibitions.
- Letter of agreement and documents for external fundings.
- The program can accommodate maximum three residents at a time.
- ARV.I do not cover travel and costs of living.
- Spoken language is primarily English.
- ARV.I do not cover production materials, insurance, nor any transport of materials, artworks, or objects produced or collected during the residency period.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 15 JANUARY 2021
How to apply:
Compose an email with the following information:
- Full name:
- Date of birth:
- Current city of residence:
- I apply for the month:
- How I found the ARV.I Open Call:
In the E-mail, please attach a PDF document (max 10mb) including your CV, artist statement, and photo documentation of your recent artworks with captions.
Send the email to email@example.com
with the subject ARV.I 2021 Application / your name
- 15 January Application Deadline
- ARV.I will reply on applications 5th week in 2021
- The ARV.I Residency Program 2021 will be officially announced 1 February 2021